Courses, workshops and seminars
I present regularly on subjects relating to communications, publishing and media, as well as their applications in business and organizations. I’ve appeared as an instructor and invited guest speaker at Publishing@SFU, the Simon Fraser University School of Communication, the Jewish Family Service Agency, the Minerva Foundation, the GreenLeap conference, BookCamp Vancouver and many more.
Private mentoring and tutoring
I’m highly successful at teaching private students in reading, writing and speaking, with a focus on setting goals and surpassing expectations. My clients range from advanced native speakers to English language learners (ELL).
Please have a look at the testimonials I’ve received from students.
My practice produces strong results for students in their academic lives by placing much more emphasis on grammar, written style, logical organization and high-level literary reading than they will typically encounter within our school system.
My clients vary widely in age and goals:
- Secondary and elementary school students: Reading, writing, vocabulary, conversation, public speaking and goal-setting. Academic applications and entry preparation.
- University and graduate students: Academic writing and reading. Graduate applications and entry preparation. Grant applications.
- All students seeking to surpass school requirements or catch up on needed skills.
- Adults: Writing, reading and conversation. Public speaking. Business English.
- Standardized test takers: SAT, PSAT, SSAT, MCAT, IELTS etc.
I teach students both individually and in small groups.
Want to chat about speaking, presenting or teaching engagements? Please contact me at any time. I’d love to hear from you.